Kate Miller-Heidke has just won the very first Australian national selection for the Eurovision Song Contest and will wave the country’s flag in Tel Aviv. She will perform the song Zero Gravity in the first semi-final.
The following ten candidates performed at today’s final:
- Ella Hoopper – “Data Dust“
- Electric Fields – “2000 and Whatever“
- Mark Vincent – “This Is Not The End“
- Aydan Calafiore – “Dust“
- Courtney Act – “Fight For Love“
- Leea Nanos – “Set Me Free“
- Sheppard – “On My Way“
- Alfie Arcuri – “To Myself“
- Kate Miller-Heidke – “Zero Gravity“
- Tania Doko – “Piece Of Me“
The winner of “Eurovision – Australia decides” was chosen by a mix of 50% televoting and 50% the jury votes from:
- Christer Bjorkman – producer, head of Melodifestivalen
- Fifa Rikkobono, music consultant industry, former CEO of Albert Music
- Milli Petriella – one of the directors of the Australian Legal Association (APRA)
- Josh Martin – SBS entertainment program editor
- Paul Clark – head of the Australian delegation.
The results of the jury were as follows:
Then, these results were combined to the ones from the public deciding the overall winner:
What do you think about the Australian choice?