Khabar Agency has revealed changes in their national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020. A few days ago, the broadcaster launched the rules and procedure of the selection process. However, they’ve announced a live national final with today’s opening of the application period. It will be the public who will eventually decide the next Kazakh entry on 26 September.
All interested singers/groups aged 9-14 can submit their applications from 10 to 20 August 2020. The candidates have to send their songs meeting the requirements of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest:
- Songs up to 3.00 minutes are allowed to enter the competition.
- The lyrics must include at least 60% of the text in Kazakhstani while up to 40% of the lyrics can be in English
- The song mustn’t have been made public before May 1, 2020.
When the submission period is closed, the professional jury panel will vote and shortlist the best 30 entries between 21 and 22 August. Then, the public will be able to decide the twelve finalists by voting online from August 24 to 31. The winner will be selected by the public via SMS or phone at the televised national final on 26 September. In case of a tie, the professional jury panel will choose the Kazakh entry between the tied acts.
The jury panel of the Kazakh national selection will be made up of the following members:
- Bagym Mukhitdenova – Music producer.
- Khamit Shangaliev – Music producer, composer, sound producer and arranger.
- Yerlan Bekchurin – Sound producer.
- Zanar Dugalova – Winner of “Turkvision” (2014).
- ӘMRE – Winner of “Slavianski Bazaar” (2018).
- Dinaya – Runner-up of “New Wave” (2015).
- ZaQ – Lead singer of Ninety One group.
- Indira Edilbaeva – Superfinalists of “The Voice of Ukraine” (2020).
The full set of rules and submission forms can be found on the official website of the broadcaster.
Khabar Agency has stated that the show format and location will be subject to the latest Covid19 events.