Khabar Agency has started the search for the song and performer(s) that will represent Kazakhstan at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020. The broadcaster is back to an open selection procedure. However, unlike 2018, the winner will be selected by a jury panel and there won’t be a televised final.
All interested singers/groups aged 9-14 can submit their applications from 10 to 20 August 2020. The candidates have to send their songs meeting the requirements of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest:
- Songs up to 3.00 minutes are allowed to enter the competition.
- The lyrics must include at least 60% of the text in Kazakhstani while up to 40% of the lyrics can be in English
- The song mustn’t have been made public before May 1, 2020.
The winner will be selected by a professional jury panel made up of the following members:
- Bagym Mukhitdenova – Music producer.
- Khamit Shangaliev – Music producer, composer, sound producer and arranger.
- Yerlan Bekchurin – Sound producer.
- Zanar Dugalova – Winner of “Turkvision” (2014).
- ӘMRE – Winner of “Slavianski Bazaar” (2018).
- Dinaya – Runner-up of “New Wave” (2015).
- ZaQ – Lead singer of Ninety One group.
- Indira Edilbaeva – Superfinalists of “The Voice of Ukraine” (2020).
The full set of rules and submission forms (from 10 August) can be found on the official website of the broadcaster.