UA:PBC has started the search for their next Junior Eurovision representative. Ukraine will select their 2020 entry from an online national selection that will feature original and cover songs.
The Ukrainian broadcaster has launched the rules of their Junior Eurovision 2020 national selection. UA:PBC will choose their entry from an online procedure, as they’ve been doing for the past two years. This time, however, they’ve made a few changes in the process.
All kids from 9 to 14 years willing to represent Ukraine in Warsaw will be able to send their applications from tomorrow until 25 August. This year, the candidates can submit either an original song or a cover, so kids without a song will have the chance to participate.
The 2020 Ukrainian national selection will be make up of the following phases:
- Candidates need to send their applications from 5-25 August 2020. The submission form and rules can be found on the official website of the contest junior.eurovision.ua. If they meet the requirements, their video performances will be published on the website under the hashtag #uajesc2020. The participants will be able to collect Likes on their videos for a chance to be among the finalists.
- From 26-27 August, the list of finalists will be determined. 11 candidates will compete in the final, eight performers with original songs, two with cover songs and the last one will be the entry with the most likes on the video.
- From 28 August – 4 September, UA:PBC will publish the final line-up. Also, the two candidates without a song will record an original for the final and the other finalists will be able to record their tracks.
- The voting will be open from 5-8 September. The public via social networks and a professional jury will determine the winner.
- The name of the Ukrainian representative will be announced no later than 12 September.
Ukraine has competed at every Junior Eurovision edition since its debut in 2006. In 2012, they won the contest with Anastasiya Petrik and her song ‘Nebo’. Last year, Sofia Ivanko represented her country in Gliwice performing ‘The Spirit Of Music’, but she only managed to reach the 15th place. She’s recently released her first studio album.