EBU has revealed further information about the audience that gathered to watch the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019, which took place last month. The show attracted its biggest audience since 2006 and its second highest on record. These viewing figures are based on the 16 markets with available data.
- A total average TV audience of 11.6 million viewers watched Junior Eurovision 2019 held for the very first time ever in Poland.
- The highest ratings were delivered by hosts and winners Poland.
- The 5.6 million viewers who watched the show across three TVP channels provided the biggest ever TV audience for JESC of any market.
- 2.2 million viewers in Russia saw the show – its best JESC audience since 2011.
- RTVE in Spain delivered the third largest JESC audience with 1.4 million viewers on La 1 following their return to the competition for the first time since 2006.
- France Televisions’ third JESC participation delivered an audience of 1.0 million viewers on France 2.
- The Contest has also been viewed 1.3 million times to date on the official YouTube channel.
- Overall the Junior Eurovision Song Contest provided a huge audience boost to EBU Members and Associates taking part reflected in the record 3.77 million valid votes cast.
- The 2.5 hour show delivered an 9.1% viewing share, up 55% on the 5.7% average normally achieved by the same group of broadcast channels.
- 13 out of 16 markets measured delivered a similar or better performance than the broadcast channel average.
- The show delivered an 11.4% viewing share for children aged 4 -14 years old, 81% higher than the average normally achieved by the group of broadcast channels of 6.3%.
- For viewers aged 15 – 24 years the JESC saw an 10.5% viewing share up 142% on the average normally achieved by the group of broadcast channels of 4.3%.
- The Junior Eurovision Song Contest’s social channels also proved popular. Instagram followers increased 78% during the event week with nearly 10 million unique views on Instastories. On Twitter, engagement was up 59% year on year and content from the event made 2.5 million impressions on Facebook.
The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019 took place on November 24th in Gliwice, Poland. Viki Gabor with the song ‘Superhero’ set the record of the first country winning the competition twice in a row on homesoil.
The host city of the 2020 Junior Eurovision will be announced in due course.
Source : EBU