The second show of Sanremo 2020 has just taken place at the Ariston Theatre. The remaining 12 acts have stepped on stage presenting their competing songs to the audience for the first time.
This year, Sanremo celebrates its 70th edition with very special guests and events around the city and inside the Ariston Theatre. Today, all participants will perform memorable songs from Sanremo’s past. Meanwhile, you can watch all the performances of the second night on the official YouTube of the broadcaster:
- Piero Pelù – “Gigante“
- Elettra Lamborghini – “Musica (E il resto scompare)”
- Enrico Nigiotti – “Baciami adesso“
- Levante – “Tiki Bom Bom”
- I pinguini tattici nucleari – “Ringo Starr”
- Tosca – “Ho Amato Tutto”
- Francesco Gabbani – “Viceversa“
- Paolo Jannacci – “Voglio parlarti adesso”
- Rancore – “Eden“
- Junior Cally – “No grazie”
- Giordana Angi – “Come mia madre“
- Michele Zarrillo – “Nell’estasi O Nel Fango“
THE SHOW FORMAT
The format of Sanremo 2020 has undergone a few changes. Most notably, a jury made up of all the members of the orchestra will have a say on the third show, while they’re also completely getting rid of the expert jury.
- First and second nights (February 4th and 5th):
- The 24 performers will make their first appearance, 12 per show. The voting for this show is fully up to the demoscopic jury (a jury selected by RAI that represents the Italian population).
- The 8 artists from the youth category will also perform for the first time. The demoscopic jury will decide which four of them will advance to the next show.
- Third night (February 6th):
- The 24 artists will cover memorable songs from Sanremo’s past commemorating the 70th anniversary of the competition. The orchestra will vote this time.
- The 4 qualified youth artists will perform their entries once again. A combination of the televote, the press jury and the demoscopic jury will decide the two finalists.
- Fourth night (February 7th):
- The 24 artists will perform their entries again. While the press jury, made up of radio, TV and web journalists, will decide the results of the show.
- The 2 youth artists that had made it to the final will perform their entries. Once again, the televote and the two panels will decide the winner of the Youth category.
- Final night (February 8th):
- The 24 artists will perform their entries for the last time. A combination of the televote (34%), the press jury (33%) and the demoscopic jury (33%) will decide the outcome. As usual, the three superfinalists will be decided after adding up the votes of all shows.
- At the superfinal, the winner of Sanremo 2020 will be decided through the same voting combination, but, this time, the points will be reset. So, only the points of the superfinal will help choose the final winning entry.
Don’t forget to watch today’s show at 20.40 CET on our ESCplus Multi-Window live feed.