The Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2016 has just finished and we have a winner: Georgia!
Georgia has won Junior Eurovision 2016 represented by Mariam Mamadashvili and the song Mzeo:
The second place has been awarded to Armenia, while Italy has become the bronze medallist of this year’s edition.
You can watch the full scoreboard below:
Interesting to highlight that this is the third victory of Georgia at Junior Eurovision and the composer Giga Kukhianidzde. Georgia now owns the record of victories now, so does the Georgian composer and head of Bzikebistudio.
17 talented young singers and song competed at today’s show:
- Ireland: Zena Donnelly – Bríce Ar Bhríce
- Armenia: Anahit & Mary – Tarber
- Albania: Klesta Qehaja – Besoj
- Russia: Water of Life Project – Water of Life
- Malta: Christina Magrin – Parachute
- Bulgaria: Lidia Ganeva – Magical Day
- F.Y.R. Macedonia: Martija Stanojkovic – Love Will Lead Our Way
- Poland: Olivia Wieczorek – Nie zapomnij
- Belarus: Alexander Minyonok – Musyka Moih Pobed
- Ukraine: Sofia Rol – Planer Craves For Love
- Italy: Fiamma Boccia – Cara Mamma – Dear Mom
- Serbia: Dunja Jeličić – Uh La La La
- Israel: Shir & Tim – Follow My Heart
- Australia: Alexa Curtis – We Are
- The Netherlands: Kisses – Kisses & Dancin’
- Cyprus: George Michaelides – Dance Floor
- Georgia: Mariam Mamadashvili – Mzeo
The overall score was be decided by a 50-50 mix of professional jury and kids jury from every participating country. For the first time, however, the competition included a panel of experts that was allocated as an additional country. This panel of judges was made up of Mads Grimstad of Universal Music, expert show producer, Christer Bjorkman, the man behind the Swedish selection for Eurovision, Melodifestivalen and Jedward, the Irish representatives at Eurovision 2011 and 2012.
The voting time had three different parts, the results from the senior judges of all 17 countries, the results from each member of the jury panel, that made up the vote of three more countries; and the results of the kids’ jury that were announced at the end as the televoting results of this year’s Eurovision.
What do you think about this year’s winner?
Stay tuned to our social accounts for exclusive reports from the Winner’s Press Conference and After Party: