Danish broadcaster DR has decided to introduce in this year’s edition of Dansk Melodi Grand Prix a semi-final organized by P4 radio.
This semi-final will consist of 9 different songs from which the three most voted participants by the listeners and another two chosen by the jury will get a place in the DMGP final.
You can find a list of the 9 participants below:
- Jamie Talbot: Bye Bye Heaven (Aron Blom, Hampus Eurenius, Tom Oehler)
- Kenny Duerlund: Forget it All (Henrik Tala, Kenny Duerlund, Mila Falls, Patrick Jean)
- Nick Jones: 2AM (George Keller, Hampus Eurenius, Jon Hällgren, Lukas Hällgren)
- SamSara: For You (Chief1, Kvamie Liv, Remee, Sara Amalie Gerup)
- Søren Okholm: Impossible Dreamers (Nanna Supriya Wedel, Peter Jantzen, Søren Okholm, Tobias Stigaard)
- BEN & TAN: Yes (Emil Lei, Jimmy Jansson, Linnea Deb)
- Emil – Ville ønske jeg havde kendt dig (Emil Vestergaard Klausen, Esben Svane, Gavyn Matthew Bailey, Tim Schou)
- Sander Sanchez – SCREENS (Cristopher Wortley, Jonas Thander, Liam Craig Produce: Jonas Thander)
- Mielou – We could be so beautiful (Bruce R.F. Smith, Eric Lumiere, Jeppe Reil, Thomas Reil)
Included in the list of names being part of the Jury is Bryan Rice, a former DMGP participant. He has announced through social media that there’ll be 9 different songs grouped into 3 different areas with 3 different songs taking part in each. Each area has selected 3 songs from a group of 21 songs.
According to him, all three songs can be voted in each area during this week. At least one song from every area will make it the final and in addition, the jury will select two other songs as wildcards, so the five selected will join the 5 participants that the DR will choose internally.
You can listen to the songs that will compete in the semifinal below: