Tonight the Portuguese broadcaster will host the first semi-final of the 2021 Festival da Cançao, whose winner will be the representative of the country in the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
The opening song will be Love is on my side by The Black Mamba. The group, which is very popular in Portugal, are one of the favourites of the first show. It’s relevant to say that the song, is fully in English, something that’s not usual at Festival da Cançao.
A total of 10 songs will participate in the first of the two semi-finals:
- Valéria will sing in second place her song Na mais profunda saudade (In the deepest longing). The song has all the Portuguese sound and is one of the candidates to make it to the final.
- Claro como água (Clear as water) is the song that Mema will present. A very Portuguese stylish and beautiful voice that put her on the race for the final. Lovely song.
- I got here or, as Nadine would say, Cheguei Aqui. That’s what this singer will sing tonight. A very powerful voice along with the sounds make it a good song.
- Miguel Marôco, in fifth place, will bring his sunflower to the stage to sing Girassol. Good rhythm for this song written by himself that will invite some people to dance.
- Fábia Maia brings another ballad, more calmed, to the Festival da Cançao. Dia Lindo (Lovely day) is its name. She’s not on the odds to get to the final, but who knows what can happen.
- Irma seems to love reading. That’s what we can extract from her song Livros (Books). A lovely voice in this very Portuguese song. Let’s see what she can reach.
- Saudade (Nostalgia) is the song of Karetus & Romeu Bairos. They took Portuguese sounds to bring a very animated song. Saudade is one of the favourites of the night, so let’s see what will happen.
- Sara Afonso sings against as her song is Contramão. This young singer has a powerful and beautiful voice that, for sure, will dazzle the audience.
- IAN decided to look forward and bring different vibes with his song Mundo (World). This woman has a lot to say although she’s not into the favourites.
The top five will qualify for the final alongside the top five of the next semi-final. Jury and televoting will decide who will sing in the grand final on March 6th.
The show, which will be hosted by Jorge Gabriel, Sónia Araújo and, as the greenroom host, Inês Lopes Gonçalves, will air live on RTP at 22.00 CET from the RTP studios in Lisbon.