Tonight the Portuguese broadcaster will host the Grand Final of the 2021 Festival da Canção 2021, whose winner will be the representative of the country in the Eurovision Song Contest next May.
A total of 10 songs will participate in the final:
- Saudade (Nostalgia) is the song of Karetus & Romeu Bairos. They’ve included some Portuguese sounds to bring a very animated song. Saudade is one of the favourites of the night, so let’s see what will happen.
- Joana Alegre, in fifth place, will sing Joana do Mar(Joana from the sea), a song written by herself with a catchy rhythm that invites people to dance.
- Fábia Maia brings a ballad to Festival da Canção 2021 called Lindo (Lovely day). She’s not in the odds to win, but who knows!
- Valéria will sing in fourth place her song Na mais profunda saudade (In the deepest longing). The song has Portuguese sounds, which is always pleasant.
- Por um Triz (Almost) is the song of Carolina Deslandes. It sounds quite similar to Amar Pelos Dois, but with the touch of Carolina, who has a lovely emotional voice.
- NEEV decided to risk and chose English for his song Dancing In The Stars, which has interesting sounds and a nice voice that has given him the title of ‘big favourite’.
- Pedro Gonçalves brings us more animated modern sounds to Festival da Cançao. Não Vou Ficar (I won’t stay) is the name of his song. He will for sure fight for the win.
- Sara Afonso sings against as her song is Contramão. This young singer has a powerful and beautiful voice that, for sure, will dazzle the audience.
- Turned-face or, as EU.CLIDES would say, Volte-face. That’s what this singer will perform at the second final. A very powerful voice along with the interesting sounds make it a good song.
- Last will be Love is on my side by The Black Mamba. The group, which is very popular in Portugal, are among the favourites of the final. It’s relevant to say that the song is fully in English, something that’s not usual at Festival da Cançao.
The top five songs qualified from both semi-finals will be competing tonight. Regional juries and televoting will decide who will represent Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021.
The show, which will be hosted by Filomena Cautela, Vasco Palmeirim and Inês Lopes Gonçalves as the greenroom host, will air live on RTP at 22.00 CET from the RTP studios in Lisbon.
Festival da Canção 2021 (Final)
|NEEV – Dancing In The Stars||645|
|Karetus & Romeu Bairos – Saudade||496|
|Carolina Deslandes – Por Um Triz||423|
|Pedro Gonçalves – Não Vou Ficar||412|
|Valéria – Na Mais Profunda Saudade||391|
|The Black Mamba – Love Is On My Side||372|
|Joana Alegre – Joana Do Mar||321|
|Sara Afonso – Contramão||310|
|Eu.Clides – Volte-Face||300|
|Fábia Maia – Dia Lindo||216|
Number of voters: 56