Serbia closes its final tomorrow with nine other candidates. Eighteen new participants were looking for the last nine remaining places, where jury and televoting chose fifty percent each.
Serbia has now complete the Grand Final of its new selection process “Pesma za Evroviziju ’22”. Tonight from Belgrade the eighteen participants were looking for the last nine tickets for the final gala tomorrow, Saturday 5.
Dragana Kosjerina and Jovan Radomir, presenters of the gala, announced the finalists, which have been the result of the combination of televoting and the jury in equal parts. Giving as classified the following artists:
- Tijana Dapčević – Ljubi, ljubi doveka (Kiss, Kiss Forever)
- Orkestar Aleksandra Sofronijevića – Anđele moj (My Angel)
- Zoe Kida – Bejbi (Baby)
- Zejna Murkić – Nema te (You Are Gone)
- Gift – Haos (Chaos)
- Gramophonedzie – Počinjem da ludim (I’m Going Mad)
- Sara Jo – Muškarčina (Manly Man)
- Naiva – Skidam (I Take Off)
- CHEGI & Braća Bluz Bend – Devojko sa plamenom u očima (Girl With Fire in Your Eyes)
The grand final
With these nine new artists the Serbian Grand Final is completed, where we will have a total number of 18 candidates. The running order of the performances in the Pesma za Evroviziju ’22 ‘s final was after decided. The draw for the position of the 9 participants classified in today’s semifinal was done, giving the following final result:
- Naiva – Skidam
- Orkestar Aleksandra Sofronijevića – Anđele moj
- Gift – Haos
- Zejna Murkić – Nema te
- Tijana Dapčević – Ljubi, ljubi doveka
- Lift – Drama
- Gramophonedzie – Počinjem da ludim
- Zorja – Zorja
- Aca Lukas – Oskar
- Zoe Kida – Bejbi
- Sara Jo – Muškarčina
- Ana Stanić – Ljubav bez dodira
- Biber – Dve godine i šes’ dana
- Angellina – Origami
- CHEGI & Braća Bluz Bend – Devojko sa plamenom u očima
- Ivona – Znam
- Marija Mikić – Ljubav me inspiriše
- Konstrakta – In Corpore Sano
The grand final will be held tomorrow from 21:00 CET, which you will be able to follow from the ESCPlus multiscreen plaform. From the study 8 of the RTS, the Serbian public television, the Hurricane group will have a successor, with the same mechanics as the semifinals where the jury and the televote will have the same weight in the final decision.
Serbia in Eurovision
Serbia has been participating, independently, since 2007, the year in which they won in Helsinki, with Marija Šerifović‘s song “Molitva“. It has been a country that has obtained good positions despite being relatively young in the competition; in addition, in 2012 they won a bronze medal with Željko Joksimović and his “Nije Ljubav Stvar“.
Despite not having participated in the 2014 edition due to economic problems in the country, Serbia returned in the subsequent edition to reach a top 10 position. We cannot forget that, in the last edition of 2021, Hurricane represented the country with “Loco Loco“, a song that allowed them to obtain fifteenth place in the Grand Final of the festival.
These artists were actually selected in the old Beovizija for 2020, an edition that was canceled due to COVID-19, taking up the opportunity to represent Serbia in the later edition.