Melodifestivalen is probably Europe’s most significant national final and perhaps the pre-selection event most Eurovision fans are waiting for. Six weeks of live shows in different cities of Sweden, 28 songs and a few hosts make up Melodifestivalen.
As usual, SVT announces the hosts and artists in November under two different days. Tomorrow, Thursday, November 2nd, at 11:00 CET, SVT will reveal the hosts of the next year’s Melodifestivalen. As the official website of the show is down for reconstruction (it’s only updated with short texts regarding important announcements), those who will not attend the press conference can stream it via SVT Nyheter.
Melodifestivalen 2018 dates and cities:
- Semi-final 1 – February 3rd from Löfbergs Arena in Karlstad
- Semi-final 2 – February 10th from Scandinavium, ESC 1985 venue, in Gothenburg
- Semi-final 3 – February 17th from Malmö Arena, ESC 2013 venue, in Malmö
- Semi-final 4 – February 25th from Fjällräven Center in Örnsköldsvik
- Second Chance round – March 3rd from Kristianstad Arena in Kristianstad
- Final – March 10th from Friends Arena in Stockholm
Stay tuned for more information!