RTCG has revealed that they will select its next Eurovision representative through a national selection procedure called ‘Montevizja’. Montenegro is back to an open selection after six years of internal choices.
All interested singers and composers from any country can send their applications until December 15 to the following address:
Radio-televizija Crne Gore
Podgorica,Bulevar revolucije 19, Arhiva RTCG – VI sprat
(Eurovision Song Contest 2018 – DON’T OPEN)
The Montenegrin broadcaster has highlighted the following requirements for the competition:
- The lyrics of the songs should be written in Montenegrin.
- Authors should send original compositions that haven’t been made public before September 2017.
- Each composer can submit up to 2 compositions.
- Singers should be +16 years old at the Eurovision Song Contest 2018.
- No more than 6 people are allowed on stage.
- Composers won’t have the right to cancel their participation once submitted.
From all the submission received, a professional jury panel will shortlist five candidates that will compete in a televised national final which will take place in February. The Montenegrin representative will be selected by 100% public voting.
Montenegro has participated in the Eurovision Song Contest nine times, getting their best result in 2015. Knez represented his country in Vienna with the song ‘Adio’, which achieved a 13th place in the Grand Final: