SVT has just revealed dates and cities for their national selection:
- 7 February in Göteborg (Gothenburg) – Scandinavium
- 14 February in Malmö – Malmö Arena
- 21 February in Östersund – Östersund Arena
- 28 February in Örebro – Conventum Örebro
- Andra chansen: 7 March in Helsingborg – Helsingborg Arena
- Final: 14 March in Stockholm – Friends Arena
Gothenburg has hosted a semi-final every year since 2003, Malmö has apart from hosting semis in 2004 and 2009 onwards also hosted Eurovision Song Contest in 2013, Friends Arena have hosted the finals in 2013 and 2014, while Örebro has hosted an Andra Chansen in 2010. Helsinborg and Östersund are making a debut as host cities. Prior to each of the dates a dress rehearsal on the previous day and a matinee dress rehearsal on the very date are to be held.
Details on artists and songs (this year it’s been revealed there will be 28 songs in the semis and 12 finalists) are usually revealed on November.
Sweden finished 3rd in the final of Eurovision Song Contest 2014.