After three national selection shows, we have just got to know that 10 years old Lidiya Ganeva will be finally waving the Bulgarian flag in Malta.
Only 5 out of the 15 selected candidates for the live shows have competed at today’s Bulgarian final performing two songs each one:
- Preslava Petrova – “I Have Nothing” (Whitney Houston)
- Simona Krasteva – “Something Gotta Hold Me” (Christina Aguilera)
- Group Bon-Bon – “If Love Was a Crime” (Poli Genova)
- Lidiya Ganeva – “Who’s Loving You” (Michael Jackson)
- Dimitrina Germanova – “Memory” (From “Cats”)
Part 2 (Bulgarian songs):
- Preslava Petrova – “Mechta” (Own song)
- Simona Krasteva – “Ustrem” (Margarita Hranova)
- Group Bon-Bon – “Na inat” (Poli Genova)
- Lidiya Ganeva – “Rapsodia” (Roberta)
- Dimitrina Germanova – “Dve” (Poli Genova)
The winner has been decided by a 50-50 combination of public televote and professional jury panel, Grafa, VenZy, Nora Karaivanova, Teddy Katzarova, Borislav Milanov and
Gordon Bonello, after two voting rounds. The Bulgarian audience cast their votes via SMS in two different periods of 15 minutes which started right after each set of songs. After each voting period was closed, the televoting results were mixed with the ones from the jury panel.
At the end of the show, both set of results were combined and the winner was the one with the highest amount of points.
You can see the final ranking below:
- Lidiya Ganeva
- Dimitrina Germanova
- Preslava Petrova
- Group Bon-Bon
- Simona Krasteva
Keep in mind that this show only intended to select the performer as the song Lidiya will perform in Malta will be composed in the next months by her alongside professional composers selected by BNT. The Bulgarian broadcaster has already revealed that team behind their entry for this year’s Junior Eurovision won’t be the same than in previous years, so we won’t see Evgeni Dimitrov and Slavi Trifonov composing for Bulgaria this time.
What do you think about the Bulgarian choice? Let us know in comments!