Another song is joining tonight the Eurovision 2017 line-up! RTP has just concluded the final of this year’s Festival Da Canção live from Lisbon’s Coliseou Dos Recreios and it’s Salvador Sobral with “Amar Pelos Dois“, the act who got the most points from the regional jury and the televoting, thus he will be flying the Portuguese colors in Kiev in May!
These were the 8 acts who fought for the title tonight:
- Jorge Benvinda – Gente Bestial
- Pedro Gonçalves – Don’t Walk Away
- Lena D’Agua – Eu Nunca Me Fui Embora
- Salvador Sobral – Amar Pelos Dois (1st)
- Fernando Daniel – Poema A Dois
- Celina Da Piedade – Primavera
- Deolinda Kinzimba – O Que Eu Vi Nos Meus Sonhos
- Viva la Diva – Nova Glória
Regional jury results:
As we said above, the winner was decided by combining the votes from an expert panel (distributed on seven different Portuguese regions including islands) and the televoting on an equal rate (50/50). The event was introduced by Sílvia Alberto and Catarina Furtado on what it was a big show for the nation after years of sobriety when it comes to the organization of Festival Da Canção.
Portugal has been drawn to perform at the 1st semifinal of this year’s Eurovision Song Contest. Will the country take a spot in the Grand Final on May 13th with this entry? Are they set to improve their latest series of disappointing results?