RTP has revealed snippets of the 13 songs that will compete in the First Semi-Final of Festival da Canção 2018. The show will take place on 18th February in the RTP studios.
You can listen to the snippets below:
- Joana Espadinha – “Zero a Zero” (Benjamim)
- Peu Madureira – “Só Por Ela” (Diogo Clemente)
- Anabela – “Para Te Dar Abrigo” (Fernando Tordo)
- Rui David – “Sem Medo” (Jorge Palma)
- José Cid y Gonçalo Tavares – “O Som da Guitarra É a Alma de Um Povo” (José Cid)
- JP Simões – “Alvoroço” (JP Simões)
- Catarina Miranda – “Para Sorrir Não Preciso de Nada” (Júlio Resende)
- Beatriz Pessoa – “Eu Te Amo” (Mallu Magalhães)
- Joana Barra Vaz – “Anda Estragar-me os Planos” (Francisca Cortesão)
- Bruno Vasconcelos – “Austrália” (Nuno Rafael)
- Maria Amaral – “A Mesma Canção” (Paulo Praça)
- Janeiro – “Oficialmente (sem título)”(Janeiro)
- Rita Días – “Com Gosto Amigo” (Rita Dias)
The Portuguese broadcaster will host three shows to select their next Eurovision representative, two semifinals on February 18th and 25th and the Grand Final on March 4th. Although the semifinals will take place live from RTP studios in Lisbon, the grand final will travel to Guimarães “Multiusos” Pavilion.
The Semi-Final One will be hosted by Jorge Gabriel and José Carlos Malato, while the Second Semi-Final will be presented by Sónia Araújo e Tânia Ribas de Oliveira. Filomena Cautela and Pedro Fernandes will host the Grand Final.