As Norway is gearing up for the 60th anniversary of Melodi Grand Prix, we know that it is going to be a special year with semi-final period that will see artists from various regions of Norway attempt to earn a spot in the February 15th finale in Oslo where the winner will succeed Keiino in representing Norway at Eurovision.
Now, MGP have confirmed some more interesting details. In a chat with ESCnorge the head of the Norwegian delegation confirmed some things we can expect:
There will be a series of five semi-final shows featuring 4 songs in each. Each of these songs will face off with each other in a duel style until one winner is found in each semi final week.
There will be five songs that will go straight through to the final pre-selected by an expert jury
Since the jury has made their selections, the results of the live shows will be entirely up to the public. This includes the final on 15th of February.
- 1 January: Heat 1 with four songs that have connection to East Norway
- 3 January: Press conference with details on five artists selected by jury
- 18 January: Heat 2 with four songs that have connection to South Norway
- 25 January: Heat 3 with four songs that have connection to Middle Norway
- 1 February: Heat 4 with four songs that have connection to North Norway
- 8 February: Heat 5 with four songs that have connection to West Norway
- 15 February: Final with 10 songs from the whole country
How much are you looking forward to Melodi Grand Prix 2020?
Source : ESCNorge