Eurovision Eurovision 2024 Norway

Norway: Finalists of the Second Semi-Final of MGP 2024 revealed

The second semi-final of the 62nd edition of Melodi Grand Prix, a gala featuring diverse styles and stage performances, concluded with the qualification of three new finalists for the February 3rd grand finale.

The show, which kicked off at 19:50 CET from NRK’s studios, began with hosts Marion Ravn and Fredrik Solvang. This duo, responsible for guiding the new edition of MGP, introduced the first performance of the night by Farida with her song “Heartache.” The night’s performances concluded with the group Gåte and their song “Ulveham.”

After all the performances, a voting period was opened for viewers at home to support their favorite acts through the provided voting lines. The results are as follows:

Mileo“You’re Mine”ELIMINATED
Eli Kristin“Touch of Venus”ELIMINATED
Erika Norwich & Super Rob“My AI”FINALIST
Dag Erik Oksvold & Anne Fagermo“Judge Tenderly of Me”FINALIST

Thus, we now know three more finalists who will vie for victory in the Melodi Grand Prix 2024 final on Saturday, February 3rd:

  1. Erika Norwich & Super Rob – “My AI”
  2. Gåte – “Ulveham”
  3. Dag Erik Oksvold & Anne Fagermo – “Judge Tenderly of Me”

These new finalists join Gothminister, Ingrid Jasmin, and Margaret Berger, who qualified in the first semi-final. Relive the performances of the second semi-final of Melodi Grand Prix 2024.

If you missed the gala or want to relive the qualified or non-qualifying performances, you can enjoy all the second semi-final performances below.

Farida – “Heartache”

Mileo – “You’re Mine”

Eli Kristin – “Touch of Venus”

Erika Norwich & Super Rob – “My AI”

Dag Erik Oksvold & Anne Fagermo – “Judge Tenderly of Me”

Gåte – “Ulveham”

How does Melodi Grand Prix 2024 work?

For the 2024 edition, the Norwegian preselection comes with new changes, as we are used to in the format. Three semifinals will be held, as was the case last year, with 6 different proposals per semi-final instead of the 7 from the previous edition. Also, for the second year in a row, the “Autotune” tool is allowed despite criticism received last year. This edition introduces the possibility of participating songs that have been released before MGP, departing from the exclusivity of premiering in the preselection as maintained in previous years.

Melodi Grand Prix began with the first of three semifinals on Saturday, January 13, and will conclude with the final from the city of Trondheim (at the Trondheim Spektrum) in front of 8,500 people on Saturday, February 3.

Voting mechanisms also undergo changes. While the system remains the same in the semifinals, where the public exclusively decides through televoting the 3 proposals qualified for the final, the international jury, composed of industry professionals, retains its role in the grand final. However, it now holds only 40% of the voting weight, with the remaining 60% resting with the public.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.