Tonight 8 of the 16 semi-finalists performed in Riga for the chance at 4 spots available in the Supernova final.
Supernova, the Latvian program dedicated to finding a Eurovision representative for the country made its 2019 debut tonight on LTV. This year’s hosts will be Latvian TV personalities Dagmara Legant and Ketija Šēnberga.
In addition to the jury vote, the audience at home was able to call, text and vote via the Supernova website for their favorite, with a limit on one vote per fan. Spotify streams were also be taken into consideration in the final points calculation. After the final count, the acts advancing to the final on February 16th will be:
- Samanta Tīna – “Cutting the wire”
- Edgars Kreilis – “Cherry Absinthe”
- Aivo Oskis – “Somebody’s got my lover”
- Laime pilnīga -“Awe”
Supernova continues next week with its second semi-final. Audiences will then weigh in on the entries below:
- Adriana Miglāne – “Scared of love”
- Markus Riva – “You make me so crazy”
- Dziļi Violets feat. Kozmens – “Tautasdziesma”
- Laika upe – “Listen to the way that I breathe”
- Double Faced Eels – “Fire
- Carousel – “That Night”
- Kristiāna Bumbiere – “Remedy”
- Kristīne Pastare (Peress) – “Smaragdi un pelni”