Today, Latvian broadcaster LTV narrowed down the list of hopefuls to 16 in their quest to be the representative for Latvia in Tel Aviv and to win this year’s edition of Supernova.
Initially, a total of 83 songs were received, but only 64 of those songs followed the rules of the competition, the rest of them were eliminated immediately. A panel then listened to the songs without knowing anything about the songwriters, singer, and producers and ultimately, 33 songs were invited to move to the next round. At that stage, the public got involved after audition videos were released of the 33 tracks. Fans were able to vote for or against each of the songs on the LTV website. The results of the public vote helped inform the jury of the 16 songs to move on to the semi-finals in late January. The songs are:
- Carousel – “That Night”
- Aivo Oskis – “Somebody’s got my lover”
- Dziļi Violets feat. Kozmens – “Tautasdziesma”
- Laime pilnīga -“Awe”
- Samanta Tīna – “Cutting the wire”
- Markus Riva – “You make me so crazy”
- Adriana Miglāne – “Scared of love”
- Double Faced Eels – “Fire”
- Elza Rozentāle – “You came on tiptoe”
- Edgars Kreilis – “Fire”
- Kristiāna Bumbiere – “Remedy”
- Laika upe – “Listen to the way that I breathe”
- Kristīne Pastare (Peress) – “Smaragdi un pelni”
- Alekss Silvērs – “Fireworks”
- Līga Rīdere – “Būšu tepat”
- Kris & Oz – “Midnight streets”
Did your favorites make the cut? What do you think of the selections made by the public and expert jury?
The first semi-final will air on January 26.
Source : LV