TVM has just revealed the name of the 20 finalists that will compete to represent their country on home soil.
An expert panel was responsible for selecting the best candidates to perform at the final live show, MJESC, which will be held on the 16th of July at the Mediterranean Conference Centre in Valletta. You can find the full list of finalists and the songs they will perform in the show below:
- Miguel Bonello – Fifth Element, Diva Dance
- Kira Copperstone – Listen
- Dylan Curmi – See You Again
- Francesca Dimech – Dear Future Husband
- Layla Fitouri – And I am Telling You
- Fusion – In Love With a Monster
- Francesca Grima – Titanium
- Krista Hili – Glitter & Gold
- Rachel Lowell – I Surrender
- Kaylie Magri – When we Were Young
- Christina Magrin – No More Tears
- Eila Mangion – Listen
- Cledia Micallef – Bring Him Home
- Alexia Micallef – The Silence
- Luana Mifsud – Wrecking Ball
- Veronica Rotin – I Will Always Love You
- Justine Shorfid – I’s Rather Go Blind
- Lisa-Marie Tabone – At Last
- Mariah-Nicola Vella – All I Ask You
- Chanelle Zarb – Hollow
The winner will be selected by a mix of three-person jury and public televote to be allocated as an equivalent fourth member of the jury. With respect to the Jury, each jury member shall award 12 points to his favourite song, 10 points to his second favourite song, 8 points to his third favourite song, 7 points to the next, and so on down to 1 point for his tenth favourite song. The same voting sequence applies to the televoting vote.
During the show, the contenders will perform original songs and covers, but the winning artist will perform, during the Junior Eurovision, a song chosen by PBS in consultation with the artist or his/her representative, which will not be the same song which was performed by the artist in the MJESC.