The 12 artist who will compete in the Icelandic national final Söngvakeppni 2015 have been announced. They will compete in 2 semifinals taking place on January 31st and February 7th, while the big final, that will determine who will represent Iceland at Eurovision in Vienna will be held on February 14th.
The participating artists are:
- Regína Ósk – Aldrei of seint (Songwriters: María Björk Sverrisdóttir, Marcus Frenell, Sarah Reede & Regína Ósk Óskarsdóttir)
- Stefanía Svavarsdóttir – Ást eitt augnablik (Songwriter: Sveinn Rúnar Sigurðsson)
- Bjarni Lárus Hall – Brotið gler (Songwriters: Axel Árnason & Bjarni Lárus Hall)
- SUNDAY (consisting of Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir, Guðfinnur Sveinsson, Vignir Rafn Hilmarsson & Helga Kristín Ingólfsdóttir) – Fjaðrir (Songwriters: Hildur Kristín Stefánsdóttir & Guðfinnur Sveinsson)
- CADEM (consisting of Daníel Óliver, Emelie Schytz & Caroline Waldemarsson) – Fyrir alla (Songwriters: Daníel Óliver Sveinsson, Jimmy Åkerfors & Einar Ágúst Víðisson)
- Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir – Í kvöld (Songwriter: Elín Sif Halldórsdóttir)
- Friðrik Dór – Í síðasta skipti (Songwriters: Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson, Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson, Sæþór Kristjánsson & Friðrik Dór Jónss)
- María Ólafsdóttir – Lítil skref (Songwriters: Ásgeir Orri Ásgeirsson, Pálmi Ragnar Ásgeirsson & Sæþór Kristjánsson)
- Haukur Heiðar Hauksson – Milljón augnablik (Songwriters: Karl Olgeir Olgeirsson & Haukur Heiðar Hauksson)
- Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir – Myrkrið hljótt (Songwriters: Arnar Ástráðsson & Erna Hrönn Ólafsdóttir)
- Björn og félagar (consisting of Björn Jörundur Friðbjörnsson, Unnur Birna Björnsdóttir, Hafrún Kolbeinsdóttir & Pétur Örn Guðmundsson) – Piltur og stúlka (Songwriters: Björn Þór Sigbjörnsson, Tómas Hermannsson & Björn Jörundur Friðbjörnsson)
- HINEMOA (consisting of Ásta Björg Björgvinsdóttir, Rakel Pálsdóttir, Sindri Magnússon, Kristófer Nökkvi Sigurðarson, Gísli Páll Karlsson & Regína Lilja Magnúsdóttir) – Þú leitar líka að mér (Songwriters: Ásta Björg Björgvinsdóttir & Bergrún Íris Sævarsdóttir)
A few names that have previously participated in Söngvakeppni are trying their luck again, including Regína Ósk, who was part of Euroband, that represented Iceland at Eurovision 2008 in Belgrade.