From the Baltic state of Latvia we went to the island nation of Malta. Malta are known as one of the most passionate supporters of the Eurovision Song Contest. They are represented by Amber in Vienna with the song “Warrior”.
Malta debuted in the contest in 1971 represented by Joe Grech and “Marija l-Maltija”, they came last with a total of 52 points. Malta’s best results came in 2002 and 2005 where the island nation finished in 2nd place. Statistically Chiara and her song “Angel” at the 2005 contest is the nations best result, she scored a total of 192 points, 38 points behind the winner Greece.
On the Eurojury today there are eight artists on the Maltese jury, they are:
- Christabelle – Participated in the Maltese selection in 2014 and 2015, she finished 2nd in the 2015 selection with “Rush”.
- Danica Muscat – Has attempted to represent Malta at the Eurovision Song Contest on three occasions, her best result was a 9th in the final in 2012.
- Fabrizio Faniello – Represented Malta at Eurovision on two occasions, in 2001 with “Another Summer Night” finishing 9th and with “I Do” in 2006 finishing last with 1 point.
- Karen DeBattista – Participated in the 2015 selection with “12, Baker Street”, she finished last in the final.
- Lawrence Gray – Has attempted to represent Malta on six occasions, his best result was a 2nd place in 1999 with “The Right Time”.
- Ludwig Galea – Represented Malta at the Eurovision Song Contest 2004 alongside Julie with the song “On Again…. Off Again” he finished 12th in the final.
- Lyndsay Pace – Took part in the 2015 selection with the song “Home” but did not qualify for the final.
- Miriam Christine – Represented Malta at the 1996 Eurovision Song Contest with “A Women’s Heart”, she finished 10th with 68 points.
Here are the results of the Maltese Eurojury:
- Italy – 12 points
- Sweden – 10 points
- Azerbaijan – 8 points
- Russia – 7 points
- Australia – 6 points
- Estonia – 5 points
- Albania – 4 points
- Israel – 3 points
- Spain – 2 points
- United Kingdom – 1 point
So after the Maltese results here is how the top.5 now looks:
- Australia – 173 points
- Italy – 142 points
- Sweden – 134 points
- Russia – 96 points
- Albania – 84 points
We thank all the artists for taking time out to participate in Eurojury. You can see the results so far as a table here – Eurojury-Points-2015. And follow all the results so far on the Eurojury section our website here and on the official micro site here.
Don’t agree with the results? Tell us who you’d vote for here.
We return again tomorrow at 17:00 CET with more results.