Every song published from today on is eligible to participate at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019. In the wake of this rule, the Czech Republic has confirmed through Facebook that they will participate in Eurovision 2019 opening a selection process.
Anyone who wants to represent the Czech Republic at the Eurovision Song Contest 2019 can send an e-mail to Česká Televize to the following address: [email protected]. The entries should comply with the Eurovision rules and the ones published by the broadcaster:
- Artists should be aged 16 or older.
- Groups of more than six members are not allowed.
- The lead singer must have the Czech nationality.
- The songs presented must have been published after September 1 and may not exceed 3 minutes.
- All types of musical genres and languages are allowed.
- The submission period will close on October 30.
Mikolas Josef, the last Czech representative, brought us the uptempo“Lie To Me” in Lisbon. He achieved the second consecutive final for the country and their best position ever, getting the sixth place with 281 points. Would be 2019 the year of a Czech winning?