RTSH has opened submissions for this year’s Albanian national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. As last year, the broadcaster will choose their next representative from a national final show that will take place at Tirana’s ‘Amfiteatrin e Liqenit’.
All interested candidates can submit their applications until the 3rd of September following the rules published by the broadcaster:
- The contestant must be aged 9-14 as of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest day (25 November).
- The song must have a duration between 2.45 and 3.00 minutes.
- The song mustn’t have been made publish before May 1, 2018.
- All elements of the live performance must be written in the submission form.
- The rules and application form can be found here (In Albanian).
When the submission period is finished, all applications will be assessed by an expert panel, which will select the candidates that will perform at the national final. RTSH hasn’t revealed who will be responsible for choosing the Albanian winner yet, but it’s likely that it will be selected by a professional jury panel as in previous editions.
Ana Kodra won Junior Fest 2018 and represented Albania at Junior Eurovision 2017 with the song ‘Don’t Touch My Tree’, she finished 13th.