RAI has revealed more details regarding their Junior Eurovision national final, which is set to take place on Saturday night!
The Italian broadcaster will select its 2015 entrant during a special edition of “Ti Lascio una Canzone”, the talent show from which last year’s entrant, Vincenzo Cantiello, was chosen.
A total of 10 singers chosen from previous editions of the show will compete to wave the Italian flag in Sofia (Bulgaria). The national final will be formed by three different rounds:
- The 10 contestants are put into duels against each other, with five qualifying to the next round.
- The votes in this round will be cast by the Jury, Orchestra, and Televoting (33.3% each).
- The five duel winners will advance to the final plus one wildcard from the eliminated four – meaning that six proceed to round two.
- The six candidates will perform together in a medley.
- A jury and televote will select their favourites (50% each).
- The top two will advance to round three.
- The two artists will perform for the ticket to Sofia.
- Voting will be from the public in a televote only, with the winner being chosen as the Junior Eurovision representative!
- In the event of a tie, the jury will cast the deciding vote.
Two days ago, RAI confirmed one of the guests of the show: Martina Stoessel, main character of the Disney’s TV series “Violetta”.
Hosted by Antonella Clerici and under the direction of Maestro Leonardo De Amicis, you will be able to follow the Italian final for Junior Eurovision 2015 on Saturday at 21.20 CET.