Melodifestivalen 2021 has just come to an end after 6 weeks and after an exciting show live from Stockholm’s Annexet, Sweden has now selected the act they will send to Rotterdam for this year’s Eurovision Song Contest: it will be Tusse with “Voices”.
The entire show, the four previous semi-finals and Second Chance round held by SVT, were hosted by Lena Philipsson (semi 1), Anis Don Demina & Oscar Zia (semi 2), Jason Diakité (semi 3), Per Andersson & Pernilla Wahlgren (semi 4), Shirley Clamp (second chance), Måns Zelmerlöw & Shima Niavarani (final) and Christer Björkman.
The 12 finalists who competed to represent the country at the Eurovision Song Contest 2021 were:
- Danny Saucedo – Dandi dansa
- Klara Hammarström – Beat Of Broken Hearts
- Anton Ewald – New Religion
- The Mamas – In The Middle
- Paul Rey – The Missing Piece
- Charlotte Perrelli – Still Young
- Tusse – Voices
- Alvaro Estrella – Baila Baila
- Clara Klingenström – Behöver inte dig idag
- Eric Saade – Every Minute
- Dotter – Little Tot
- Arvingarna -Tänker inte alls gå hem
A total of twelve acts performed tonight. Eight of them were chosen from four previous semi-finals, whilst the remaining four semifinalists were chosen from the Andra Chansen (Second Chance show) last Saturday. The votes collected from the televoting as well as those awarded by an international jury panel, formed by 8 countries, decided the winner. These were: Albania, Cyprus, France, Iceland, Israel, The Netherlands, Switzerland and United Kingdom.
What do you think of the Swedish choice? Are they in it to win the contest in May and improve John Lundvik’s 5th place of 2019?