Today we’ll see another country choose for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020 as Kazakhstan will hold their national final. 12 candidates will compete to represent their country on 29th November.
A total of 700 candidates applied to compete at the Kazakhstani national selection for this year’s Junior Eurovision. Then, a jury panel selected 30 performers that competed at the second stage of the contest, which took place online. The public via online voting and the professional jury panel decided the 12 participants that will perform at today’s final:
- Saniya Altynbekkyzy
- Karakat Bashanоva
- Adiya Burhanоva
- Kamila Gazizkyzy
- Jean Makim
- Akzhibek Manarbekkyzy
- Aiym Mukitanova
- Islam Saipolda
- Mahinur Tursunоva
- Aydana Zhumazhan
- Nurshat Kusanоva
- Tleubek Ajkerim
The 12 finalists will perform original songs written specifically for them by national composers selected by the broadcaster. For the past few weeks, the candidates have been involved in preparations for the live show, recording their songs and rehearsing the stage performances. Also, they’ll have the chance to open the final singing with the last year’s Junior Eurovision runner-up Yerzhan Maksim.
The Kazakhstani winner will be selected by the public via SMS or phone. In case of a tie, the professional jury panel will choose the winning entry between the tied acts.
The jury panel of the Kazakhstani national selection is made up of the following members:
- Bagym Mukhitdenova – Music producer.
- Khamit Shangaliev – Music producer, composer, sound producer and arranger.
- Yerlan Bekchurin – Sound producer.
- Zanar Dugalova – Winner of “Turkvision” (2014).
- ӘMRE – Winner of “Slavianski Bazaar” (2018).
- Dinaya – Runner-up of “New Wave” (2015).
- ZaQ – Lead singer of Ninety One group.
- Indira Edilbaeva – Superfinalists of “The Voice of Ukraine” (2020).
You can watch the Kazakhstani final at 14.30 CET on our Multi-Window Live Feed.