It’s time for Serbia, the country which is back to Junior Eurovision after a two-year absence!
SERBIA IN THE JUNIOR EUROVISION
After Serbia and Montenegro dissolved in 2006, Radiotelevizija Srbije (RTS) decided to continue to take part in the contest. Their first entry as an independent state was in 2006, when Neustrašivi učitelji stranih jezika represented Serbia with “Učimo strane jezike”, coming 5th.
Serbia’s best result came in 2007 when Nevena Božović represented Serbia with “Piši mi” and in 2010 with Sonja Škorić with Čarobna noć, both finishing third. Serbia’s worst result was in 2008, when Maja Mazić finished 12th with “Uvek kad u nebo pogledam”.
On 5 June 2011, it was announced that Serbia will withdraw from the 2011 edition and they would to return in 2014.
- Junior Eurovision 2006: Neustrašivi učitelji stranih jezika – Učimo strane jezike
- Junior Eurovision 2007: Nevena Božović – Piši mi
- Junior Eurovision 2008: Maja Mazić – Uvek kad u nebo pogledam
- Junior Eurovision 2009: Ništa lično – Onaj pravi
- Junior Eurovision 2010: Sonja Skoric – Carobna Noc
Don’t forget to comment your choices on Twitter under the Hashtag #BestOfJesc.