A press conference has taken place earlier today revealing the hosts of the most popular music show in Sweden.
The Melodifestivalen 2020 hosts will be Lina Hedlund, Linnea Henriksson and David Sundin! Starting in Linköping, the trio will take the Swedish public and viewers on a tour around Sweden with the final stop being Stockholm.
Christel Tholse Willers, executive producer, on the choice of the hosts:
– Lina Hedlund, Linnea Henriksson and David Sundin are a trio with a chemistry that entertains and warms the people. They all have a close relationship with their audience. Each one has a special glow and talent that it will be wonderful to give the Melodifestivalen viewers this winter.
The hosts’ background:
David Sundin was the host of Kristallengalan (the Swedish television awards) together with Babben Larsson. In addition, the two are in full swing recording a new season of Bäst i test. Melodifestivalen is not new to David, who worked as a script editor for two years (2015, 2016). Nor is Lina Hedlund. She has competed six times and after many years “in the disco ball” has taken the stage as a solo artist. With the song “Victorious”, Lina reached the final in Melodifestivalen 2019. Linnea Henriksson is a bit of the trio’s Mello rookie. The well-regarded singer can sing anything from pop to jazz. SVT viewers have been able to see her as a host in Musikhjälpen 2014 and 2015 and as a reporter 2017 in the same program. The following year, she participated in the television program Så mycket bättre.
- Semi-Final 1: February 1st, Linköping (Saab Arena)
- Semi-Final 2: February 8th, Gothenburg (Scandinavium)
- Semi-Fina 3: February 15th, Luleå (COOP Norrbotten Arena)
- Semi-Final 4: February 22nd, Malmö (Malmö Arena)
- Second Chance: February 29th, Eskilstuna (Stiga Sports Arena)
- Final: March 7th, Stockholm (Friends Arena)