A few hours before the broadcast of the Ukrainian National Final to select the country’s representative for Junior Eurovision 2021, one of the finalist has announced her withdrawal.
Angelina McFarlane (RREALINA) was set to compete in the Ukrainian National Final for Junior Eurovision 2021 with the song “Angel of Light”, but she and her team have finally decided to leave the competition with regret after some recent developments that could raise doubts about the fairness of the preselection.
Soon after, there was a statement from the Ukrainian Public Broadcaster to clarify the controversy, where they alleged that the withdrawal comes after a misunderstanding between the composer of the song and the team of RREALINA, not having his authorisation to use the song in international competitions in accordance with the rules of the European Language Union. Being in this situation, RREALINA’s mother, Natalia McFarlane, requested to conclude the participation of her daughter at the national final.
If the situation does not change, this will be the 11 remaining acts to perform tomorrow in the show to choose the Ukrainian representative:
- Arseniy Grischenko – ‘Redemption’
- Anastayia Doroshenko (Nana Do) – ‘Svit nadliudei’ (The World of Super People)
- Daryna Zinchenko – ‘Save this world’
- Karina Kornuta – ‘Save this world’
- Darina Kryvenko – ‘Kosy khmarochosy’ (Skyscraping Braids)
- Veronika Morska – ‘Save this world’
- Yelizabeta Petryk – ‘Save this world’
- Darya Rebrova – ‘Make Me Happy’
- Sofia Skvaruk – ‘Golden Time’
- Mariya Tkachuk – ‘Pazly svitu’ (Puzzles of the World)
- Olena Usenko (Ellen Usenko) – ‘Vazhil’ (Leverage)
The results of the national final will be decided by a professional jury and an online vote, whose votes will be revealed live on a broadcast through UA: KULTURA, the cultural channel of the Ukrainian corporation.
Source : UA:PBC