RTP have revealed the 8 singers that will compete at the second semi-final of this year’s Festival da Canção. They have been selected by the composers that were previously chosen by the Portuguese broadcaster to participate at the 2017 national selection.
You can find the performers that will compete at the second semi-final below:
- David Gomes (Composer: Tóli César Machado)
- Lena d’Agua (Composer: Pedro Silva Martins)
- Beatriz Felício (Composer: Jorge Fernando)
- Pedro Gonçalves (Composer: João Pedro Coimbra)
- Helena Kendall (Composer: João Só)
- Celina Da Piedade (Composer: Celina da Piedade)
- Jorge Benvinda (Composer: Nuno Figueiredo)
- A Definir (Composer: Noiserv)
Festival da Canção 2017 will be made up of three shows, two semi-finals on February 19 and 26, and a national final from which the Portuguese entry for Eurovision will be decided. The final of the Portuguese music competition is set to take place on March 5.
The winner will be selected by a 50-50 mix of regional judges and public vote with 8 songs being performed at the national final, 4 from each semi-final. This year, the songs are allowed to be performed in Portuguese or any other language, including English. Will we see the first Portuguese song performed in English in Kyiv?