Oleksandr Balabanov has won the Ukrainian national selection and will represent his country at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2020. The young performer will sing Vidkryvai (Open) On 26th November in Warsaw.
This year’s Ukrainian national selection was very similar to previous years as it has taken place online. From all the submissions received, the broadcaster chose eight performers with original songs, two with cover songs and, last but not least, the entry with the most likes on the YouTube video:
Participants with original songs:
- Polina Babii — SuperBit
- Oleksandr Balabanov — Vidkryvai (Open)
- Yuliia Karimi — PEOPLE;
- Anzhelina McFarlane (RREALINA) — MY SPIRIT
- Yaroslav Politov (YAR POLITOV) — GOOD ALWAYS WINS
- Anhelina Terennikova — The Vibe
- Olena Usenko (Ellen) — Never get free
- Sofiia Shkidchenko — OK
Participants with cover versions:
The participant with most likes from the online audience:
- Daniiela Shapochnikova — Tvoiie Maibutnie (Your Future).
The winner was eventually selected by the professional jury panel, made up of Jamala (Winner of ESC 2016), Alina Pash, Taras Topolya, Ruslana Khazipova, Dmitro Shurov, Larysa Klyuyevska, Timur Miroshnichenko (ESC and JESC host) and Lyubov Morozov, and the public as an additional member of the jury.