Today, NRK announced the contestants that would compete in the first heat of Melodi Grand Prix on January 11th. In addition, we learned the artists that were selected to go straight through to the final based on the jury selection.
There will be a series of five semi-final shows featuring 4 songs in each. Each of these songs will face off with each other in a duel style until one winner is found in each semi-final week.
However, five songs that will go straight through to the final pre-selected by an expert jury are as follows:
- Didrik & Emil – “Out Of Air”
- Ulrikke Brandstorp – “Attention”
- Akuvi – “Som du er”
- Sondrey – “Take My Time”
- Tone Damli – “Hurts Sometimes”
These songs will be released during the course of the live shows the next five weeks.
We also got to learn the four acts competing in the first heat of Melodi Grand Prix.
- Kim Rysstad – “Rainbow”
Kim previously performed in Melodi Grand Prix in 2012. He was on the 2019 edition of the Norweigan singing competition ‘”Stjernekamp” where he got reacquainted with the Norweigan viewing public.
- Raylee – “Wild”
Raylee was a child star under the name ‘Lotta’. Raylee was on the 2015 edition of Melodi Grand Prix with ‘Louder’
- Geirmund – “Come Alive”
Geirmund is best known for his appearance on the Voice in 2013. He is a singer-songwriter and this is his first Melodi Grand Prix.
- Lisa Børud – “Talking About Us”
Lisa was a child star recording Christian music and more recently appeared alongside Alexander Rybak in Lisbon as one of his background dancers.
These songs are available to listen to now, in advance of Saturday’s live show.
Since the jury has made their selections, the results of the live shows will be entirely up to the public. This includes the final on 15th of February.
- 11 January: Heat 1 with four songs that have a connection to East Norway
- 18 January: Heat 2 with four songs that have a connection to South Norway
- 25 January: Heat 3 with four songs that have a connection to Middle Norway
- 1 February: Heat 4 with four songs that have a connection to North Norway
- 8 February: Heat 5 with four songs that have a connection to West Norway
- 15 February: Final with 10 songs from the whole country
ESCNorge was on hand during the press conference today. ESCplus will be hosting a live chat with the team to get some reactions from those on the ground in Norway.