The countdown to the next Eurovision Choir of the Year has started. After the first edition in Riga in 2017, the contest will travel to Gothenburg, Sweden in 2019.
You can find a few highlights of the contest’s format below:
- The musical genre is up to the choir’s choice.
- The choirs have to be made up of at least 4 vocalists, with a max. of 45 members (50% of them must be non-professional choristers).
- Each choir must be based in and have been rehearsing for at least 6 months within the territory of the participating country.
- The choir have to perform ‘a cappella’ on stage.
- The choir must be selected either by a televised competition or by an expert committee.
- The contest will see from 10 to 12 countries compete for the trophy (The steering group will decide in case of over subscription according to the interests of the competition).
All the countries interested in participating at Eurovision Choir Of The Year must send an email before 30 September 2018. For further information, broadcasters can contact Matthew Trustram ([email protected])
- Deadline for countries to confirm preliminary participation: 30/9/2018
- Deadline for Letters of Commitment: 31/10/2018
- Event confirmation: 15/1/2019
- Preproduction: 15/1/2019 – 31/7/2019
- On-Site: 31/7/2019 – 4/8/2019
Carmen Manet from Slovenia won the first edition of Eurovision Choir Of The Year on 22 July 2017 in Riga, Latvia. Which countries will join the competition? Who will be the next winner? Stay tuned!