Chisinau held today the auditions for the Moldovan 2020 national final. Moldovan broadcaster TRM has announced shortly after the end of the broadcast the names of the 20 selected candidates.
36 different songs were performed in the auditions, from which a jury of experts decided which songs would qualify to the final:
- Burlacu Geta – Răspunde
- Cibotaru Alexandru – Cine te-a facut să plângi
- Ciolac Maria – Our home
- Donciu Petronela şi Portărescu Andreea – We will be legend
- Gordienco Natalia – Prison
- Ilienko Julia ft. Mishel Dar – Tears
- Kit Irina – Chain reaction
- Jelezoglo Dima – Do it slow
- Lanjeron – Hi five
- Letty Sasha – Summer of love
- Live Beat – Love me now
- Midone Denis – Like a champion
- Moraru Viorela – Remedy
- Parfeni Pasha – My wine
- Paşa Valeria – It’s time
- Rotaru Dianna – Dale dale
- Rusu Lavinia – Touch
- Sandu Catarina – Die for you
- Uzun Valentin şi Kovalsky Irina – Moldoviţa
- Zavidia Maxim – Take control
TRM will broadcast a national final with all the songs next February 29th, in which a mix of jury and televoting will decide the final representative of the country at the 2020 Eurovision Song Contest.
After achieving two TOP10 positions in 2017 and 2018, last year Moldova could not perform at the final, not being able to be in the TOP10 of the semi-final due to a lack of support of the televoting.