Tonight, Lithunia will kick off their search for, who will represent the small baltic country in Vienna at Eurovision 2015, when the first show of their national selection Eurovizijos 2015 will be held. 12 artists have been selected to participate in the competition, and tonight they will song in Lithuanian in order to try to impress the jury and viewers at home.
No one will be eliminated tonight but a Lithuanian jury, consisting of Ramūnas Zilnys, Edmundas Seilius, Audrius Giržadas, and Linas Adomatis (Eurovision 2004), will give points from 1-8, 10, and 12, an international jury with members from Georgia, The Netherlands, and United Kingdom, and the public will still be able to vote for their favorite tonight, and those votes will be combined with the ones given next week, so it will count as 50% of the votes, that will determine, who will be eliminated next week.
The selection of the singer, and the song that will represent Lithuania are done separately, since the songs will have to go through an online voting, which however is yet to start but is scheduled to begin on January 11th. The final of Eurovizijos will take place on February 21st, where both the artist and the song will be chosen.
The line-up for tonight’s show are:
- Edgaras Lubys – Sirdis Ant Balto Sniego (by Natalija Bunke)
- Tadas Juodsnuki – Nakty (by Kastytis Kerbedis)
- Monika Linkyté – Besieliai”(Monika Linkyté)
- Vaidas Baumila – As Tik Zmogus (Vaidas Baumila)
- Liepa Mondeikaité – As Mylajau Tave Tau Nezinant (by Aktoriu Trio)
- Jurgis Bruzga – 1000 Dienu (original performer)
- Milita Daikeryté – Tarp Taves Ir Manes (original performer)
- Mia – Man Patinka (by Dzordana Butkute)
- Neringa Siaudikyté – Meile Skolingas Tau (by Stasys Povilaitis)
- Reda Striskaité – Kai Sirpsta Vysnios Suvalkijoj (by Vytautas Kernagis)
- Rollikai – Violeta (by Kastytis Kerbedis)
- Wilma La – Lauzo Sviesa (by Foje)
The show will last from 20:00 until 21:40 CET, and can be watched on a livestream here.