RTS has just announced the name of their representative for this year’s Junior Eurovision. 11-year old Lena Stamenković will be waving the Serbian flag in Bulgaria!
Lena will be performing the song called “Lenina pesma” (Lena’s Song), composed by Leontina Vukomanović and written by Lena Stamenković herself and Leontina Vukomanović. Dušan Alagić was in charge of the arrangements.
Leontina Vukomanović is a composer and songwriter who has worked with most famous singers in
the Balkan region: Željko Joksimović, Toše Proeski, Marija Šerifović, Zdravko Čolić… She has been in the team of composers for Serbia at Eurovision 2004 and 2015.
Dušan Alagić is an instrumental soloist, composer, music arranger and producer. He has also worked with many Balcan artists including Željko Joksimović, Sergej Ćetković and Jelena Tomašević. He participated in the 2012 Eurovision Song Contest as the instrumental and backing vocalist with Željko Joksimović. Dusan also arranged the last year’s Serbian Junior Eurovision entry “Svet u mojim očima” (World in My Eyes) performed by Emilija Đonin.
- She was born in Zaječar on June 1, 2004.
- Even as a baby she displayed interest in music. She reacted to the first tone she
heard, she sang and danced to the rhythm of music.
- She sang for the first time at the christening of her brother Jakov. She sang with
great ease and everyone was fascinated by her voice and her moves.
- For years her interest in music grew. She enrolled at the Elementary Music School in
2012. Now she attends the fourth grade, plays the piano and sings in a choir.
- She is from an artistic family. Her father Milan plays the trumpet and sings with a
band, and her grandfather was a painter.
- She likes different music genres, from pop and r’n’b to rock and she is always open
for new things. Her favorite performers are Celine Dion, Alicia Keys, Mariah Carey,
rock band Queen, Michael Jackson and others.
- She participated in the great talent show for children singers, where she took the
fourth place. She enchanted the public with her charm, spontaneity and honesty.
- Not only does Lena have an exceptional voice and talent, she also exudes positive
energy. She sings with authentic emotion. For her, this contest was fun and play,
and exceptional experience, a chance to meet new friends.
- Lena is a creative and multitalented person. She draws, knits, makes hairdos, and
creates different objects from interesting materials. She is also good at acting.
- The fact that a light bulb exploded while Lena was singing tells a lot about the
power of her voice. Maybe it was a coincidence, but just as she was hitting the
highest note, the bulb broke causing a blackout in their flat.
- Lena is a positive and a happy child, and a very determined one at that. She follows
her artistic path, having fun along the way. She sets herself goals and achieves them
as if they were levels in a game.
- She wants to share her talent with others, to let everyone hear her sing.
You can follow her live presentation on RTS 1 at 17.45 CET by clicking here.
Serbia returned to the contest last year after a three-year absence represented by Emilija Djonin, who achieved a 10th place with the song “Svet u mojim očima” (World in my Eyes).