RTS has opened submission for their national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2019. The winner will be selected by a professional jury panel.
All interested candidates can submit their applications until the 1st of September following the rules published by the broadcaster. To name a few:
- The contestant must be aged 9-14 as of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest day (24 November, 2019) and be a citizen of Serbia.
- A singer, musician or dancer featured in the performance must be the author of the song lyrics and/or music and/or arrangement and can be assisted by music professionals and other experts in creating the lyrics, music and arrangement. The mentioned professionals must also be Serbian citizens.
- The performance must feature up to 6 people on stage.
- The song must have a duration of between 2.30 to 3.00 minutes.
- The song must be written in Serbian or any other official language from the country.
- The song mustn’t have been made public before May 1, 2019.
- The full set of rules can be found here.
Last year, Bojana Radovanović represented Serbia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest after winning the national final. She reached the 19th place with the song “Svet”.