A few days ago, RTS opened a call for songs for their 2020 national selection. All artists willing to apply can send their original entries no later than 1 September.
Serbia has officially confirmed participation with the launch of an open call for songs. Following last years’ trend, RTS will likely choose their representative internally from all the submission received. All candidates that want to enter the selection process shall follow the rules of the contest:
- The contestant must be aged 9-14 as of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest day (29 November 2020) and be a citizen of Serbia.
- A singer, musician or dancer featured in the performance must be the author of the song lyrics and/or music and/or arrangement and can be assisted by music professionals and other experts in creating the lyrics, music and arrangement. The mentioned professionals must also be Serbian citizens.
- The performance must feature up to 6 people on stage.
- The song must have a duration of between 2.30 to 3.00 minutes.
- The song must be written in Serbian or any other official language from the country.
- The song mustn’t have been made public before May 1, 2020.
- The full set of rules and forms can be found here.
Last year, Darija Vračević represented Serbia at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest after winning the national final. She reached the 10th place with the song “Podigni Glas (Raise Your Voice)”.