PBS has published the name of the 12 lucky acts that have gone through to the final stage of the Maltese national selection for the Junior Eurovision Song Contest. The candidates have been chosen by the broadcaster and will now face the voting of the public and a professional expert panel in the final.
Malta will choose its 2020 entry following the last year’s selection process. This time, however, candidates were able to send an original song, so the full entry is expected to be chosen at once. From all the submissions received, PBS has shortlisted the following acts:
- Leah Cauchi – Anġli
- Leah Mifsud – Anywhere
- Isaac Tom – Beside Me
- Mariah Cefai – Change the Silence
- Chanel Monseigneur – Chasing Sunsets
- Yulan Law & Gianluca Cilia – Deck of Cards
- Kaya Gouder Curmi – Made of Stars
- Emma Cutajar – Modern-Day Cinderella
- Anneka Xerri – Moving
- Zaira Mifsud & Eksenia Sammut – Only Live Once
- Michela Caruana – Replay
- Mychael Bartolo Chircop – The Child From Inside
On the 1st & 2nd weeks of September, the finalists will perform in front of an expert jury. These performances will be filmed and later shown on TV and PBS’ social accounts for televoting purposes. A televoting/online window will be opened by mid-September when the performances will be made public. The winner will be announced at the end of the same month.