TG4 have revealed the candidates that will take part at the last semi-final of the Irish national selection for Junior Eurovision, which will be held on Sunday.
Only one out of these eight contenders will move forward to the final:
- Stephanie Byrne from Naas, Co. Kildare
- Amy McGrath from Ballina, Co. Mayo
- Danny McGahey from Letterkenny, Co. Donegal
- Lucy Hood from Ballyroan, Co. Laois
- Eva Kavanagh from Hacketstown, Co. Carlow
- Arabella Dolan from Dun Laoghaire, Co. Dublin
- Aisli Moran & Jennifer Nelson from Dublin
- Lasairfhíona de Brún from Cork
The Irish speaker broadcaster is using the same selection procedure than last year, made up of 5 shows aired pre-recorded, which began its broadcast two weeks ago with Walter McCabe, Zena Donelly and Clióna Nic Dhomhnaill as chosen finalists so far. A total of 32 candidates selected after extensive auditions nationwide compete to represent Ireland in Valletta with one of each semi-final being selected to perform at the grand final.
Once again, an expert panel will be responsible for selecting the best voice and song for the international competition. This year, however, the jury panel is little bit different as the resident judges, Fiachna Ó Braonáin and Pauline Avalon, are joined each week by a guest judge from Ireland’s Eurovision past, including Linda Martin, Niamh Kavanagh, Jedward, Sandie Jones and Dustin.
The second Irish semi-final will be broadcast on Sunday at 21.00 CET on TG4.