Ukrainian broadcaster has revealed the names of the jury members for their national final set on August 9:
- Gaia Cauchi – young artist, representative of Malta at Junior Eurovision 2013 winner of this contest in Kyiv. Her first TV performance took place in 2011 when she appeared on the popular Italian TV show “Ti Lascio Una Canzone” where she performed Tina Turner’s “Proud Mary” and left the audience shouting “Bellissimo!” When she was nine, Gaia won the prestigious Sanremo Junior Music Festival with the song One Night Only” from the hit film Dreamgirls.
- Eldar Gasimov – winner of Eurovision 2011 in Dusseldorf when he participated within a duet Ell&Nikki with the song “Running Scared” representing Azerbaijan. He co-hosted the Eurovision Song Contest 2012 held in Baku, Azerbaijan and was one of the jury members at National Selection for Eurovision 2014 in Azerbaijan called «Böyük Səhnə»-«Big Stage».
- Aleksandr Zlotnik – Ukrainian composer, People’s Artist of Ukraine, Professor, Rector of the Institute of Music. Gliere.
- Ruslana Pysanka – Ukrainian actress and TV presenter, winner of the State Prize of Ukraine Oleksandr Dovzhenko and Order of St. Volodymyr.
- Andre France – Ukrainian composer, lyricist, producer, has worked within many Ukrainian TV projects, in particular, the project “Miss Musik M1”, “Stars Factory -3″ (Ukraine), ” Stars Factory – Super Final” (Ukraine), “Ukraine does not believe in tears”, “The Voice”.
As it was informed earlier, this year NTU launched a new procedure for appointing jury members for the final. NTU addressed to the Ukrainian people for the request to give their proposals concerning jury members. As a result of this project Andre France, a Ukrainian composer was selected as one of the jury members. Other four members have been appointed by NTU.
All in all five jury members will help the public to make the choice of who the winner of the national final will be. The National Television Company of Ukraine has taken a special approach this year in making such an important decision as selecting Ukrainian representative for Junior Eurovision 2014 and has invited two Eurovision winners to be present among jury members. Gaia Cauchi , winner of Junior Eurovision 2013 and Eldar Gasimov, winner of Eurovision 2011 will be in Bukovel as two jury members.
Ukrainian national final for Junior Eurovision 2014 will take place next Saturday, August 9 in Artek Carpaty (Bukovel) and it is scheduled at 20.30 CET. A special webcast will be available including English commentary on junioreurovision.tv.