The Belarussian broadcaster has started accepting applications for this year’s national selection for Junior Eurovision!
The National Selection round is organised by the country’s major media company. The selection is carried out in accordance with the provisions set up by the organiser and the contest rules laid down by the European Broadcasting Union.
To be admitted to this year’s auditions, the applicant must meet the following requirements:
- The contestant must be aged 10-15 as of the Junior Eurovision Song Contest day (21 November) and be a citizen of the Republic of Belarus or a foreign citizen/stateless person permanently residing in the Republic of Belarus for at least 2.5 years;
- The contestant must be the author of the song lyrics and/or music and/or arrangement and can be assisted by music professionals and other experts in creating the lyrics, music and arrangement;
- The contest song lyrics must be written in the Belarusian or Russian languages with music which has not been previously commercially released and performed publicly until 1 May, 2015.
- The selection participant (or their legal representative in case the participant has not attained the age of 14 years) must be the sole copyright owner of the song or have the right of joint ownership of the song, if a group of performers participates in the selection;
- To participate in the selection round, the application marked “For the Junior Eurovision Contest 2015” must be sent as an ensured parcel to 220807, Minsk, ul. Makayonka, 9.
The deadline for sending applications is 15 June, 2015.
Following the National Selection results, which will be announced not later than 1 July 2015, a professional jury will select seven to ten contenders for the finals, which be held not later than 15 September 2015 as a gala concert.
The National Selection winner to represent Belarus at the Junior Eurovision Song Contest 2015 is selected by the votes of the jury and TV viewers.
Belarus has been participating in Junior Eurovision since its inception in 2003, the first Belarusian participant being Olga Satsyuk. In 2005, the contest was won by Belarusian Ksenia Sitnik with the song We Are Together; in 2007, the contest winner was Alexei Zhigalkovich with the song With Friends. Last year, Belarus’ Nadezhda Misyakova took the 7th place with the song Falcon.