Although Eurovision 2020 was cancelled in the month of May due to the Coronavirus pandemic, this year’s edition of Junior Eurovision has taken place in Warsaw. However, The contest was broadcast in a different and special format as all the performances were prerecorded.
Yesterday the vibes of the festival were once again in the Eurovision fans’ hearts but, in this case, in its junior format, which this year had 12 participants. The 2020 edition of Eurovision Junior started at 17:00 CEST, lasted for 2 hours and was broadcast in 14 countries. France was the winner of the show with Valentina and her song J’Imagine.
JUNIOR EUROVISION 2020’S VIEWING FIGURES
The Festival was followed throughout Europe not only in the 12 participating countries but also in countries that weren’t taking part in this year’s contest. This are some of the ‘Junior Eurovision 2020’ viewing figures:
- Poland: 6,000,000 viewers (MOR Measurement) – 5,000,000 viewers (TAM Measurement) / 32.6% (TVP1 / TVP ABC / TVP Polonia)
- France: 1,210,000 viewers / 7.3% (France 2)
- Spain: 1,085,000 viewers / 7.4% (La 1)
- Germany: 370,000 viewers (KIKA)
- Russia: 367,900 viewers / 1.6% 2 – 56,300 viewers / 1,3% 3 (Karousel)
- The Netherlands: 319,000 viewers / 2.0% – 33,000 viewers / 0.2% 1 (NPO3)
- Ukraine: 316,014 viewers / 0.725% (UA:First)