The Festival di Sanremo is getting close to beginning its five-night journey of Italian tradition. This year we will have a new tradition in that one of the nights consists of all entrants singing together with another well-known artist. This seems to be a page taken from other singing contests that have used this format well, such as X Factor. RAI has announced that both Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro will feature as guests on duet night.
Ermal Meta will team up with Simone Cristicchi. Fabrizio Moro with Ultimo the current bookmaker favorite.
RAI have decided to only reveal the duet partners for half their acts. The other half will be revealed in later. You can see the full list below:
- Simone Cristicchi with Ermal Meta
- Ultimo with Fabrizio Moro
- Zen Circus with Brunori Sas
- Nek with Neri Marcorè
- Francesco Renga with Bungaro and Eleonora Abbagnato
- Daniele Silvestri with Manuel Agnelli
- Boomdabash with Rocco Hunt
- Anna Tatangelo with Syria
- Mahmood with Guè Pequeno
- Paola Turci with Beppe Fiorello
- Loredana Berté with Irene Grandi
- Enrico Nigiotti with Paola Jannacci
The duet program will take place on the fourth evening of Sanremo. The full program of Sanremo is as follows:
- First Evening (Tuesday, February 5, 2019)
The curtain will be raised on the stage of the Teatro Ariston and all 24 artists will sing their song for the first time;
- Second Evening (Wednesday, February 6, 2019)
This will be the occasion to dedicate ourselves to the second listening of 12 of the 24 songs in the competition;
- Third Evening (Thursday, February 7, 2019)
During this event we will be able to listen for the second time the remaining 12 of the 24 songs in the competition;
- Fourth Evening (Friday 8 February 2019)
It will be a real evening-event in which each artist will sing their own song in the company of a guest artist, in a version “revisited” for the occasion;
- Fifth Evening – Final Evening (Saturday 9 February 2019)
After listening to all 24 songs in the competition, we will discover the winning song of the 69th edition of the Italian Song Festival!
Last year’s winner of Sanremo went on to finish in the top 5 in Eurovision in Lisbon. Fans may remember that the duet of Ermal Meta and Fabrizio Moro were just a few points away from eclipsing Eleni Foureira and being the runner up of the televote. Could this Sanremo finally be the year we see a Eurovision winner?
Source : RAI