RAI has just revealed the first participants of the 69th Sanremo music festival. The Italian song contest will serve once again to select the next national representative for Eurovision as the winner will have the chance to wave the flag in Tel Aviv.
You can find the 12 participants below:
- Paola Turci – L’Ultimo Ostacolo
- Simone Cristicchi – Abbi Cura Di Me
- Zen Circus – L’Amore E Una Dittatura
- Anna Tatangelo – Le Nostre Anime Di Note
- Loredana Bertè – Cosi Ti Aspetti Da Me
- Irama – La Ragazza Col Cuore Di Latta
- Ultimo – I Tuoi Particolari
- Nek – Mi Farò Trovare Pronto
- Motta – Dov’è l’Italia
- Il Volo – Musica Che Resta
- Ghemon – Rose Viola
- Einar – Centomila Volte (Sanremo Giovani)
This year, two additional contestants will be added to the line-up as the winners of the young version of Sanremo will get the right to join the line-up of the ‘big’ contest. Einar has won the first show, so he will also compete in Sanremo in February.
Claudio Baglioni was appointed again as the artistic director for the live shows which will be held from February 5 to 9 at the Ariston Theatre in the small town of Sanremo. He has also been in charge of finding the best acts and songs for the show in cooperation with record labels as well as the broadcaster, who approached the committee for this task.
You can find the full Sanremo 2019 schedule below:
- Serata 1: February 5th (Tuesday)
- Serata 2: February 6th (Wednesday)
- Serata 3: February 7th (Thursday)
- Serata 4: February 8th (Friday)
- Serata 5: FINALE – February 9th (Saturday)