Reports of the Greek media say that the announcement of the Greek representative is upon us, and will happen in the upcoming days.
End of January 2023
Rumour has it that the 2023 Greek representative in the Eurovision Song Contest of 2023 in Liverpool (UK) will be announced at the end of January 2023. This was made public by both Eurovision Fun (Greek Eurovision fan media outlet), but also OGAE Greece (the national Greek Eurovision fan club). There are 7 acts still in the running to represent Greece, a list of who they are you can find below.
- Konstantina Iosifidou: We Are Young
- Melissa Mantzoukis: Liar
- Victor Vernikos: What They Sa
- Monica: I’m Prou
- Leon of Athens: Somewhere to Go
- Claudia: Holy Water
- Maria Maragou-Antonia Kaouri: Shout Out
How the choice is going to be made
Greece has chosen a very extensive way of choosing their 2023 entry internally.
- All entries were assessed by 2 committees: An audience committee (70 Greek public members) and a jury committee governed by the Greek national broadcaster (ERT).
- The audience committee’s vote were worth 50.6% and the jury committees were worth 49.4%, as to also reflect the changes of the rules of the upcoming Eurovision Song Contest.
The Eurovision Song Contest 2022 saw Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord take the stage for Greece with the song “Die Together”. She ended in 3rd place in Semi-final 1, and eventually came in 8th place in the Grand Final.