Eurovision Eurovision 2023 Greece

Greece 2023: 7 songs remain in the running

Greece is choosing its next representative for the Eurovision Song Contest 2023 in Liverpool (United Kingdom). On December 20th 2022 it became known that only 7 submitted songs are still in the running to represent the country next year.

7 songs remain

On December 20th 2022 during the morning show “Morning in Sight” on Greece’s national broadcaster, ERT, there was an announcement that 7 songs remain in the running to defend Greece’s colours in the contest of 2023. The next stage is that a public jury is going to have a listen to the remaining songs, but also a professional jury of 7 ERT professionals, which will be done on December 28th 2022.

The jury of Greece

The public jury of the Greece selection for 2023 consists out of 70 members of the public, which were selected at random out of a grand number of applications which were received by the broadcaster ERT. The remaining applicants were categorized in age groups. The audience committee’s vote will weigh for 50.6% of the grand total and the votes of the ERT jury will take up the remaining 49.4%. This type of voting is also in the new rules of the Eurovision Grand Final.

Eurovision 2022

In the Eurovision Song Contest of 2022 Greece’s Amanda Georgiadi Tenfjord sang her song “Die Together” to a 3rd place in Semi-final 1, and eventually she came in 8th (out of 25) in the Grand Final.
Source: Official Eurovision Song Contest YouTube channel, Amansa Georgiadi Tenfjord – Die together (2022)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.